[driverloader] Linksys WMP54g

Erik Baar ebaar at purdue.edu
Tue Oct 21 15:00:33 EDT 2003

I have used the web config program to load the driver, and it says it loads successfully.  When i try iwconfig, it says:

lo    no wireless extensions.

eth0    no wireless extensions

after "modprobe bcmwl5driverloader", i get the non-GPL warning then

Module bcmwl5driverloader loaded, with warnings

the last lines of dmesg show:

PCI: Found IRQ 5 for device 00:0a.0
PCI Sharing IRQ 5 with 00:10.2
eth0: New link status: Disconnected (0002)
eth0: MAC address (mac omitted from email)
eth0: Broadcom Wireless LAN Adapter at 00:0a.0, mem:0xE0024000 to 0xE0026000 irq:5 ready

the card is a linksys WMP54g card, and I am trying to use the latest drivers.