[driverloader] Re: HP pavilion zs4430/Linux 2.6.0-test4/problems

Jan Slupski jslupski at email.com
Wed Oct 22 13:35:28 EDT 2003

Additional info:

I discoverd that I information I thought is missing on my system is not.
It's just in 'dmesg' not in 'messages'.

Here it is (form dmesg output):

bcmwl5driverloader: module license 'GPL for files in the "GPL" directory;
for others, only LICENSE file applies' taints kernel.
eth1: New link status: Disconnected (0002)
eth1: MAC address 00:0B:CD:xx:xx:xx
eth1: Broadcom Wireless LAN Adapter at 0000:00:09.0, mem:0xE0004000 to
0xE0006000 irq:9 ready

But still:

paw:~# iwconfig eth1
eth1      no wireless extensions.

Probably it's the same problem as 'Linksys WMP54g'
http://www.linuxant.com/pipermail/driverloader/2003q4/000031.html

Do anybody had any hint?
Is anything I can test/debug or just publish to help resolving this issue?

Thanks !
Jan

 |_| | | | \|                          http://www.juljas.net