[driverloader] Thank You and one Small Issue

Ron Rosson insane at oneinsane.net
Wed Oct 22 14:42:05 EDT 2003

First of all thank you for bringing some sort of support to my new Dell
D600 for wireless connectivity using the TrueMobile 1300.

eth1: New link status: Disconnected (0002)
eth1: MAC address 00:90:4B:12:4D:54
eth1: Broadcom Wireless LAN Adapter at 02:03.0, mem:0xFAFEE000 to
0xFAFF0000 irq:11 ready

My first and successful test was to run this script:

	/usr/sbin/iwconfig eth1 essid my-ssid
	/usr/sbin/iwconfig eth1 nick myhostname
	/usr/sbin/iwconfig eth1 mode Managed
	/usr/sbin/iwconfig eth1 key my-wep-key
	/sbin/dhcpcd eth1

and it works like a champ.

The only issue I have at the moment is when I do a shutdown to poweroff
the laptop it panics the kernel. If I am just rebooting then nothing
happens and it just reboots.

uname -a:
Linux witchblade 2.4.22-ac4 #1 Thu Oct 9 10:46:37 PDT 2003 i686 Intel(R)
Pentium(R) M processor 1700MHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

cat /etc/gentoo-release:
Gentoo Base System version 1.4.3.10p1

This laptop has ACPI which is very much needed to extend the battery
life past an hour while on batteries. and CPUFREQ is enabled.

If there is any more information I can provide please let me know.

-Ron

P.S. Any chance in getting monitor mode enabled.. ( I know this card
under windows does not work with Netstumbler as well. )