[driverloader] Issue with Dell TrueMobile 1300 and Linksys BEFW11S4 r2

Andrew Crown acrown at chasecom.net
Fri Oct 24 12:46:54 EDT 2003

I have Driver Loader installed and functional with my TM 1300 (BCM94306
card) and our TrueMobile 1184 (802.11b) router at work (I have to
manually change the key and essid, but hey I can live with that).  The
issue I'm having is at home with my Linksys equipment:

When I do an "iwconfig interface key (key)" followed by an "iwconfig
interface essid (essid)" the machine correctly sees the AP MAC address,
so I know they are talking on some level.  I then manually change my IP
by doing an "ifconfig interface (IP) netmask (netmask)".  After changing
the IP I then try to pass some traffic across the wireless interface and
am unable to do so.  If I try pinging my wireless interface from another
machine on my LAN I am unable to do so (the same goes for passing
traffic on other ports - ftp etc.).

Does anyone else have a similar setup that can give me a little help?  I
was able to use my Dell TM 1150 card on my old laptop with my Linksys
equipment at home, so I don't think that's the issue.  I'm sure I'm
probably just missing something small - then again it could be something
with the way Driver Loader is functioning.  I just really don't know at
this point...

Thanks in advance for your help,

AC