[driverloader] Broadcom 14e4:4320 connects AP with driverloader v1.05 but doesn't with 1.21

Jan Slupski jslupski at email.com
Wed Oct 29 16:09:59 EST 2003

Hello Linuxant again!

Recently I wrote you about my success with Broadcom Wireless buildin
into HP Pavilion ZE4430.

It works for me quite well under driverloader 1.05.

There are some problems, but connection is ok.

Problems using driver ver. 1.05:
--------------------------------

1. Some commands do not give results: like:

# iwconfig
eth1      IEEE 802.11-DS  ESSID:"juljas.net"  Nickname:"unknown"
          Mode:Managed  Access Point: 00:04:E2:86:48:BC  Bit Rate=11Mb/s
          Tx-Power=14 dBm
          RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Encryption key:65AD-FE80-CD   Encryption mode:restricted
          Power Management:off
          Link Quality:1/0  Signal level:-42 dBm  Noise level:-200 dBm

(It is ok, but:)

# iwlist eth1 scanning
eth1      Failed to read scan data : No data available

# iwlist eth1 accesspoints
Warning: Driver for device eth1 has been compiled with version 16
of Wireless Extension, while this program is using version 15.
Some things may be broken...

eth1      No Access Point in range

And I'm sure there is AP in range as I'm now connected via it.

Problems using driver ver. 1.20 & 1.21
--------------------------------------

2. Lately I upgraded driver to 1.20 & 1.21 later

I'm unable to connect using 1.2* driver...

I follow exactly the same procedure of installation/configuration,
and I'm able configure the driver (install, inf/sys, files, license),
I can also configure IP etc, but connection is not made.

More if I try to use utilities as 'iwconfig eth1 essid *' the system
crashes, and I have to do hard reboot (under X).

Please take a look at the end of dmesg listing - for 1.2* drivers.
Maybe these error messages are significant?

I'm attaching debug logs from all three versions (I removed
some private informations - MAC & license key)

I will post more information if required.

Thanks for all help, and I hope to be useful if it needs debuging...
Jan Slupski

 |_| | | | \|                          http://www.juljas.net