[driverloader] Re: right .inf file on asus m2400n

Sven Westenberg s.westi at gmx.de
Fri Oct 31 17:57:53 EST 2003

Hello,

> I was not successful in locating the Windows .inf file on the Asus
> CD-ROM. I want to operate the WLAN module of the Centrino Notebook. Can
> somebody hint me to the right .inf file. What else do I have to worry
> about (Kernel, BIOS, Modules, etc)?
>
> Does anybody have experience if the Intel WLAN module in the Asus M2400N
> work at all with driverloader?

Here is a working configuration:
- Bios: latest, 0206,
- Kernel: 2.4.22 with latest ACPI patches from htp://acpi.sf.net (!),
CONFIG_NET_RADIO=y, CONFIG_NET_WIRELESS=y,
- Driverloader: Version 1.23 (tar.gz file, make install, dldrconfig,
http://localhost:18020),
- Windows driver: w70n51.inf and w70n51.sys (there are newer drivers on
www.asus.com.tw),
- get a license in the shop.

This worked for me. 2.6.0-test9 with ACPI patches should work, too.

Hope this helps.
CU
Sven