[driverloader] Essid Cannot be set in Centrino

Alvin Loh alvinloh at alvinloh.com
Thu Nov 6 10:39:25 EST 2003

Hi,

I am using Slackware 9.1 on an IBM t40 .. and its running kernel 2.4.22
.. I have downloaded Linuxant driverloader software and it installed
fine ..

However, I am unable to set the ESSID for the interface .. the rest of
the options (nickname , keys etc.) are ok ..

I found this line when kernel is booting up :-
driverloader: nsdisSetInformation: 802_11_AUTHENTICATION_MODE
st=INVALID_DATA W=0 N=0...

The Access point has a WEP key ..

I have tried setting the key using iwconfig . .then setting the ESSID
.. but it still doesn't work

iwlist scan shows the access point properties ..

Anyone have the same problem ?

Alvin