[driverloader] Essid Cannot be set in Centrino

Weehawk weehawk at gmx.de
Thu Nov 6 07:37:50 EST 2003

Hi Alvin,

at least I can confirm this problem from my side. I tried 2.4.22-ac4
with apm and acpi, and 2.6.0-test9 with apm and acpi kernels on a Gentoo
system.

The System is a Dell D500 Latitude Laptop with the nifty Truemobile 1300
wireless card.

I have the problem of not being able to set the essid since Driverloader
1.05. At the early version I was at least able to set the essid, but as
soon as anything accessed the device, the essid simply vanished from the
iwconfig, and returned after I stoped any access to it.
Since after 1.05 I can set basically every little setting BUT the essid,
which makes the wireless pretty much useless =P

I use the most recent windows .inf and .sys as linked to the
driverloader-page. I can't find anything in the faq nor any solution
here on the list, though I remember it being mentioned already, but
somehow not resolved.

I hope someone can help us. I'll be happy to send a -dump to the
driverloader folks if they want to. And yes, I stripped down the kernel
enough that driverloader uses IRQ 11 exclusively. Still no go.

Regards,

Christian

PS:
I experience since the last 3-4 driverloader version, that I get a cgi
error after trying to upload the .sys file on the config webpage. I then
manually copy the .sys file into the /var/lib/driverloader directory.
Any idea where this comes from?