[driverloader] WMP11 v2.7 seems to work well...

Joe Martine martine3 at cox.net
Thu Nov 6 20:16:52 EST 2003

I am writing primarily to say "it works!" with my Linksys WMP11 v2.7
(not yet on the supported list).  I bought this thing just after the
WMP11 line switched to the Broadcom chipset, and it's been collecting
dust since then.  It is a little old, but I'm glad to be able to use it!

Anyway, it appears to be working very well (driverloader version 1.25,
Linksys driver version 3.8.28.0, stock Slackware 9.1) other than WEP.
It says "operation not supported".  I couldn't quite tell from the other
messages, is WEP supported at all, or just a problem with this
card/driver?  Not a big issue to me, as I was planning to turn it off
and go strictly VPN anyway, guess I should go ahead and switch.

I did have a total system freeze (had to use the power switch) while
transferring a large file over the internal LAN, shortly after first
getting it working, but have since been able to do the same transfer
without incident.  Just coincidence?  The speed is very good, ~610KB/s
using 'scp'.  I'll test this further...

One other side note, I'm no Windows driver expert by any stretch.  In
the driver archive for the card, there are two sets of files:
WMP11V27.sys/inf/cat and WMP11NDS.sys/inf/cat.  It appears the WMP11V27
one is actually what's needed, does the other do anything or help?  I
added it into the DriverLoader as well, and it's listed correctly, but
again appears to do nothing...

I am now looking forward to the non-time-limited version...

Thanks!
Joe