[driverloader] downloaded driverloader 3 days ago but license status is invalid

mmib at gmx.at mmib at gmx.at
Fri Nov 7 06:19:41 EST 2003

dear linuxant driverloader team i am a new one on linux
i got an ibm thinkpad 240x and linux suse 8.2 on it!
my wlan device is an belkin 54g pcmcia (F5D7010)

i installed the rpm package as i is thought by your howto install the
problem is: that the lan seems to work
because if i set the ESSID on my laptop to "linux-wlan"
i can see them on my windows system but i cannot see any wlan on my laptop
if i type "iwconfig" it says:

lo       no wireless extension
sit0     no wireless extension
eth0    IEEE 802.11g  ESSID:""  Nickname:"Linux-Ibm-wlan"
Mode:Ad-Hoc  Bit Rate=54Mb/s Tx-Power=10 dBm
RTS thr:off Fragment thr:off
Encryption key:XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XX
Power Managment:off
Link Quality:0 Signal level:0 Noise level:0
Rx invalid nwid:0  Invalid misc:0  Missed beacon

sometimes is tells me the real Essid i had entered (Wlan-home)

if i type  iwlist scanning then it shows:

lo    Interface doesn`t support scanning: Operation not supported
sit0  Interface doesn`t support scanning: Invalid argument
eth0   Scan completed:
   Cell 01 - Address: AE:70:76:84:EE:0B  (which is the essid of my windows
computer - i think)
                Essid:"Wlan-home"
                Mode:Auto
                Frequency:2,462Ghz
                Quality1/1 Signal level:-73 dBm  Noise level: -200 dBm
                Encryption key:on
                Bit Rate 1Mb/s
                Bit Rate 2Mb/s
                Bit Rate 54Mb/s

and if i type iwlist ap it shows:

lo       Interface doesnt have a list of Access Points
sit0     Interface doesnt have a list of Access Points
eth0    Access Points in range:
   AE:70:76:84:EE:0B : Quality:1/1 Signal level:-73dbm noise level:-200 dbm
(updated)

if i type dldrconfig --info it says:

Wireless interface name: eth0
    MAC address : 00:30:BD:93:40:A4
    Device instance: PCI-01:00.0-14e4:4320:1799:7010
    device driver:bcmwl5
    licence owner:XXX at XX.XX
    Licence key : none
    Licence status: INVALID

i downloaded your driveloader 3 days ago but licence status is invalid i
thought the driverloader will work up to 30 days!????

what can i do if i can get this wlan to work i will buy this driverloader
but i would like to test it bevore otherwise i will format my laptop and put
windows back on it!

if there is anyone who can help me i would be very happy

thanks