[driverloader] DL 1.33 and Intel PRO/2100 802.11b

Marc Boucher marc at linuxant.com
Fri Nov 7 17:53:07 EST 2003

On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 10:44:21PM +0000, Anders Karlsson wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have just downloaded v1.33 of driverloader and installed it. I admit
> that it is better than v1.24 that I used before, as I can now set the
> ESSID on the interface. However, no traffic goes through the interface
> and 'iwlist scanning' still sees no access-point. Somehow the card is
> connected to the Linksys WAP54G AP, but it is still not usable.
>
> I guess that is because you can not set the Channel on the card yet, and
> as I am using Channel 13, so this could of course be the problem.

Setting the channel manually only makes sense on APs or on cards running in
"Ad-hoc" (IBSS) mode. In Managed mode, the AP normally determines the channel.

> If there is anything you guys want me to try, give me a shout and I will
> give it a go.

Is your AP set to Open or Shared Key authentication?
If the latter, you should append the 'restricted' keyword
to the key in the iwconfig command used to configure encryption.

i.e. if your wlan card is eth1, use 'iwconfig eth1 enc <key> restricted'

If it still doesn't work, please send dldrconfig --dumpdiag output
to support at linuxant.com.

Marc