[driverloader] DL 1.33 and Intel PRO/2100 802.11b

Anders Karlsson anders at trudheim.com
Sat Nov 8 00:00:53 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 22:53, Marc Boucher wrote:

> Setting the channel manually only makes sense on APs or on cards running in
> "Ad-hoc" (IBSS) mode. In Managed mode, the AP normally determines the channel.

That makes sense, as my other wireless devices does not need to be told
of the channel number.

> > If there is anything you guys want me to try, give me a shout and I will
> > give it a go.
>
> Is your AP set to Open or Shared Key authentication?

It is set to Auto. I guess that means it picks whatever happens to be
suitable for the situation?

> If the latter, you should append the 'restricted' keyword
> to the key in the iwconfig command used to configure encryption.
>
> i.e. if your wlan card is eth1, use 'iwconfig eth1 enc <key> restricted'

If I do that, the ifup script returns a failure on running the exact
command above, although I can run it by hand and it doesn't complain.

> If it still doesn't work, please send dldrconfig --dumpdiag output
> to support at linuxant.com.

That'll be sent in the next few minutes.

Regards,

--
Anders Karlsson <anders at trudheim.com>
Trudheim Technology Limited