[driverloader] DL 1.33 and Intel PRO/2100 802.11b

Marc Boucher marc at linuxant.com
Fri Nov 7 21:16:57 EST 2003

On Sat, Nov 08, 2003 at 12:00:53AM +0000, Anders Karlsson wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 22:53, Marc Boucher wrote:
>
> > Setting the channel manually only makes sense on APs or on cards running in
> > "Ad-hoc" (IBSS) mode. In Managed mode, the AP normally determines the channel.
>
> That makes sense, as my other wireless devices does not need to be told
> of the channel number.

Indeed. Note that not all devices (depending on origin,
country settings, etc) support channel 13. In USA, the FCC limits
devices to channels 01-11.

Do you have control over the AP?

Any possibility of temporarily switching it to channel 11 or 10 to see
if that makes it appear in the "iwlist scanning" output?

I would also recommend temporarily changing the authentication type to
"open system" and/or disabling WEP to make sure it doesn't interfere..
Once you can see the AP, then these settings should be selectively restored
one by one..

Marc