[driverloader] DL 1.33 and Intel PRO/2100 802.11b

Anders Karlsson anders at trudheim.com
Sat Nov 8 12:41:40 EST 2003

On Sat, 2003-11-08 at 02:16, Marc Boucher wrote:

> Indeed. Note that not all devices (depending on origin,
> country settings, etc) support channel 13. In USA, the FCC limits
> devices to channels 01-11.

Yes, the AP lists Channels 12-13 as "Europe Only".

> Do you have control over the AP?

Yes. It is my own.

> Any possibility of temporarily switching it to channel 11 or 10 to see
> if that makes it appear in the "iwlist scanning" output?

'iwlist ap' lists the AP now once I switched to Channel 11 on the AP.

> I would also recommend temporarily changing the authentication type to
> "open system" and/or disabling WEP to make sure it doesn't interfere..

This was not needed. In auto mode I can now connect to the AP once I
changed the Channel.

> Once you can see the AP, then these settings should be selectively restored
> one by one..

All I had to do after tweaking the AP was to 'ifup eth1' and bang, link
there, 'iwlist ap' and 'iwlist scanning' returns data on the AP.

Many thanks for the help. Now looking forward to getting a licence that
is not time limited. :)

--
Anders Karlsson <anders at trudheim.com>
Trudheim Technology Limited