[driverloader] driverloader with 2.6 kernels

Joseph E. Glass glassjos at msu.edu
Sun Nov 9 02:02:22 EST 2003

Hi everyone,

I am having problems using driverloader with the 2.6 kernels.  I am
using driverloader 1.35, which fixed some other problems I was having
with the installation.

My problem is, when I look at the output with iwconfig, it says "eth1
no wireless extentions".  Everything configures correctly in webconfd, I
can upload the drivers and even change the channel settings of the card
and save the output.  'lsmod' shows that driverloader is loaded:

root at puppen joe # lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
sg                     29708  0
ircomm_tty             34948  0
ircomm                 18816  1 ircomm_tty
driverloader          121672  0
irda                  184568  2 ircomm_tty,ircomm
parport_pc             21384  1
lp                      8288  0
parport                22848  2 parport_pc,lp
rtc                    11048  0
vfat                   12288  1
fat                    40736  1 vfat

Please let me know if anyone has gotten this working with 2.6-test9.  I
am running gentoo Linux.

Thank you!
Joseph Glass