[driverloader] Multiple NIC Cards and SUSE 9.0

Ellis Glispie eglispie at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 11 15:57:10 EST 2003

I am using a Dell 600 Latitude laptop and have an internal NIC card.  I also
have a Netgear WG511 PCMCIA card.  I downloaded and installed the driver
module and have success except for the following problem:

I have one network and would like to configure my laptop to connect to the
internal NIC card when it is physically connected to the router and change
to my Netgear card when the card is plugged in, with the default to the
wireless card.  My ifconfig shows both cards but the eth0 interface (the
internal card) gets an IP address whereas the wlan0 interface (the wireless
card) does not.  I can set a static IP address to the wireless card but
cannot use it to connect to the internet.  I can ping the static address and
tcpdump shows activity.

How can I set the wireless card to be recognized as the eth0 interface?

Thanks