[driverloader] Acer TravelMate 661LCi locks up

Toby Collett junk at techie.cjb.net
Wed Nov 12 12:00:29 EST 2003

 From my breif look at the archive this seems to be a common issue in
various guises, and is the same one that im having.
my system is an nx7000 hp with the intel 2100b mini pci card, same
driver as below, whever the driverloader module is inserted while the
driver in its list (ie after web config) it will break teh system,
generally locks up keyboard, and sometimes the mouse, remote sessions
into the macine over the wired lan acrd still run, but any network
commands (ie ifconfig) will lock up. Same goes for shutdown, the machine
locks up when it reaches the deconfiguring net interfaces command.

kernels because the same cards/machines will work with the 2.4 kernels,
I havent had a chance to try my card with a 2.4 kernel (currently
running 2.6.0-test9).

Same request as everyone, has anyone got this card going on the nx7000
with 2.6.0-test9 or ahve any ideas, dldrconfig locks up so i cant dump
the config info.

tried with driverlaoder 1.34 and 1.38

Thanks,
Toby