[driverloader] driverloader somewhat lags init

Sandrini, Raffaele rasa at student.ethz.ch
Wed Nov 12 19:54:04 EST 2003

Hi

I need to use driverloader to get my BCM43xx working. I use Debian unstable with  Linux 2.6.0-test9 (vanilla, without further patches). When i load driverloader (modprobe driverloader) my system load increases rapidly. If i start "top" i see, that "init" (PID 1) uses all avalible cpu load. driverload itself works... i can access it via the web. But the system is not usable and its not good for my laptop bateries :). Obviously i cant kill init because that would kill (panic) the kernel. This problem is a 100% one. It happens everytime. BTW: I usre a Dell 5150 with a Dell True Mobile 1300 built in. I used the deb package and the tar.gz... no diffrence.

Is this a known problem? Is there a workaround for that?

cheers,
Raffaele