[driverloader] Machine freeze at random intervals

Dimitris Stasinopoulos dimitris at linea.gr
Thu Nov 13 14:26:33 EST 2003

On Thursday 13 November 2003 14:07, Jan Niehusmann wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 10:51:15AM +0200, Dimitris Stasinopoulos wrote:
> > Starting this morning, my centrino-based notebook froze immediately
> > when I loaded the driverloader module. Nothing in the logs, just a
> > complete freeze. Weird thing is that the caps lock led started
> > blinking. I will test the new version and see if that works better.
>
> Blinking LEDs are quite normal on kernel panics. You could perhaps get
> some debugging info if you load driverloader from the console, so you
> are able to read kernel messages on panic.
>
> Jan

I tried 1.40, which seems to behave nicely for the time being (ie it
doesn't crash on loading the module). I do have some other issues which I
didn't have before, but I'm investigating to see if the wlan is the
source of the issue or something else (like the bluetooth module which is
activated when you also activate the wlan card). Will keep the list
informed.

Dimitris

--
Whatever you want to do, you have to do something else first.