[driverloader] Netgear WG511 vendor ID wrong...

David Manning dmanning at cs.uvic.ca
Thu Nov 13 16:53:13 EST 2003

I had a little trouble getting DriverLoader to find my Netgear WG511
under RH 7.3. This was because the Windows ini file was asking for a
different vendor ID than the card was reporting. (The card was giving
out "FFFF".)

I fixed the problem by hacking the INI file.

If anyone else has this problem, let me know and I can post the hack.


Dave Manning

-----Original Message-----
From: driverloader-bounces at lists.linuxant.com
[mailto:driverloader-bounces at lists.linuxant.com] On Behalf Of R. Kyle
Sent: November 11, 2003 10:59 AM
To: driverloader at lists.linuxant.com
Cc: roland.knall at aerie.at
Subject: [driverloader] Re: Driver for Netgear WG511

I had some free time today (day off) so I extracted the drivers if you
still them.

All I did was unzip the .exe.  Took the two cab files and use i6comp
with wine
to unpack them.  Then zipped it all up and posted it. 

Hope this is what you need.

get it here



driverloader mailing list
driverloader at lists.linuxant.com

More information about the driverloader mailing list