[driverloader] Gentoo and Acer TM800

Anders Saaby anders at saaby.com
Sat Nov 15 14:35:33 EST 2003

Hi Helder

I am also a gentoo user, using driverloader.

I don't know how far in the installation you are, but you install the
driverloader using the .tar.gz package - and just follow the README.

when connecting to networks you need the "wireless-tools" package:

install:
"emerge wireless-tools"

this package holds the tools you need for connecting:
iwlist, iwconfig etc...

iwlist [interface] scan gives you all AP's in range

to connect to a WEP enabled network just type:

"iwconfig [interface] key XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XX restricted"

where "XXX-X..." is your key (this is a 102 bit key)

optionally you can add this argument: " ESSID [your AP's ESSID]"

after that you have a working interface - you can see the status bu just
typing: "iwconfig"

(remember to copy the /etc/init.d/net.eth0 init script  to net.eth[X])

/Saaby