[driverloader] Need help configuring

Nick Marques muzicman9382 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 22 17:03:30 EST 2003

I have Driverloader properly configured (although I received the tainted
module warning).

However, my Kernel's attempt at configuring the device fails. First of all
it treats it as eth0. When I start Linux, any settings I specify in iwconfig
don't save upon reboot. It get my network working, I have to issue iwconfig
eth0 essid myessid. Then I have to run ifconfig to verify it is now listed
as eth0 there. Then I have to run dhcpcd.

How am I supposed to configure all of these things to happen during boot??

I'm a total newbie running Slackware 9.1, Kernel 2.4.22. Any info would
rock. I have a Dell Inspiron 8000.

Thanks!!