[driverloader] Centrino WiFi and channels

Dimitris Stasinopoulos dimitris at linea.gr
Mon Nov 24 12:24:07 EST 2003

Hi everyone,

using version 1.44 of driverloader, almost all of my problems have
disappeared, except for one:

I can't set the channel when in managed mode, I have to switch to ad-hoc
to switch to channel 6:

Demos:/home/reverant # iwconfig wlan0
wlan0     IEEE 802.11-DS  ESSID:"ShadowDancer"  Nickname:"unknown"
          Mode:Managed  Access Point: 00:80:C8:AC:57:11  Bit Rate=11Mb/s
          RTS thr=1600 B   Fragment thr=2344 B
          Encryption key:XXXX-XXXX-XX   Encryption mode:open
          Power Management:off
          Link Quality:1/1  Signal level:-44 dBm  Noise level:-200 dBm

Demos:/home/reverant # iwconfig wlan0 channel 6
Error for wireless request "Set Frequency" (8B04) :
    SET failed on device wlan0 ; Operation not supported.
Demos:/home/reverant # iwconfig wlan0 mode ad-hoc
Demos:/home/reverant # iwconfig wlan0 channel 6
Demos:/home/reverant #

Any clues here? This is on a HP compaq nx7000, with an Intel 2100/PRO
miniPCI card. Thanks for all the hard word!

Dimitris

--
Klingon software does not have bugs, only random features.