[driverloader] Can reach WAP but no further . . . arrr

Mike Reith reith at bigfoot.com
Thu Nov 27 10:49:54 EST 2003

Hi,

I'm running SuSE 9.0 on an HP Pavilion zt1000 (Celeron) with Driverloader ver. 1.47 on the 144 kernal.
Wireless notebook card: Linksys WPC54G as wlan0, with driver ver. 3.30.15.0, released 2 days ago.
Wireless AP: Linksys WAP54G, with firmware updated to latest version.

The install goes well and driverload loads. I can reach the setup address for the WAP (192.168.1.1), and I can ping myself, the WAP, but no other computers on the network, nor any ip addresses outside the local lan. I cannot reach the internet by browser, either.

The same card works flawlessly from WinXP, installed on the same notebook.

Where am I going wrong?

(I will forward the same message to Linuxant support with the dldrconfig --dump file, and include it here if it will help).

Thanks for any help that anyone can offer.

Struggling but committed beginner,

Mike Reith

reith at bigfoot.com