[driverloader] DriverLoader and Gentoo

Todd Jackson 9tj3 at qlink.queensu.ca
Mon Dec 1 11:56:29 EST 2003

I have a Linksys 54G PCMCIA card, and driverloader installs properly, but
I have three problems:

1) Manually setting up the card with iwconfig to set the WEP key, ESSID,
channel and nickname work, but I can't ping my AP (D-Link DI-614+).

2) Editing /etc/pcmcia/wireless.opts has not had an effect

3) I can't get driverloader to start at boot and make it my default
network adapter.  (I have a Pegasus-based USB ethernet adapter that is not
always plugged in.)

I'm running Gentoo Linux 1.4 stage 3 with kernel 2.4.20, driverloader
1.48, latest wireless tools.

Thanks,

Todd Jackson
9tj3 at qlink.queensu.ca