[driverloader] Centrino working with mdk 9.2(maybe usefull info for someone)

karin körver k.korver at hccnet.nl
Tue Dec 2 14:57:37 EST 2003

Hi

I have installed mandrake 9.2 on my centrino laptop and the latest
driverloader. Driverloader installed without problems except for the
license key,my machine froze ..i had to do a hard reboot , the second
time i did that i probably waited long enough (half an hour or so)..so
the license key was okay now.
Without a wep-key everything went just fine, but i couldn't get it to
work with a key. So i tried it with setting different options in
iwconfig..iwconfig remembered them fine but still i couldn't get it to
work(could not set channel and key s:xxxx though..).
I then put the settings in ifcfg-ethx (just ESSID and KEY), but wouldn't
work either.
I finally just tried some things ..if i set the key option in iwconfig
like this; KEY XXXXXXXXXX , iwconfig displays the key like this; KEY
XXXX-XXXX-XX.
So i put that in my ifcfg-ethx file; ESSID="your-AP-id" KEY=XXXX-XXXX-XX
(instead of KEY=XXXXXXXXXX)
And now it works !!(and iwconfig displays these settings too)
I am still curious why , if i put these settings directly, in iwconfig
it just won't work.
Maybe someone has an idea ?

Thanks,
Karin