[driverloader] U.S.Robotics USR5416 - the saga continues

Robert Maier Robert.Maier at esat.kuleuven.ac.be
Mon Dec 1 20:12:45 EST 2003

Hello,

Still problems with my U.S.Robotics WLAN card. A while back I was trying to
find the necessary Windows files from the driver to install the DriverLoader.
I managed (thanks to help received on this list) to find those files. I
uploaded the files, the WLAN card worked up to the point of connecting to the
AP. It did not connect. I tried all kinds of configurations (with and without
WEP, open and shared, I fully configured the WLAN card giving all the
parameters manually etc.). That was using DriverLoader 1.46, under SuSE 8.2.

In the meantime I upgraded to SuSE 9.0 and gave it another try with
DriverLoader 1.48. I get the same unsuccessfull results (I even tried both
available Windows drivers from the U.S.Robotics website). I can communicate
with the card, configure it, see the AP in the list returned by 'iwlist wlan0
scan', but no AP or peer appears when I give 'iwlist wlan0 ap'. This time
also I tried with and without WEP and other configurations.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Robert.
Robert Maier
Kasteelpark Arenberg 10           / ____/___  / ___//_  _// ____/
3001 Heverlee                    / /   / __ \ \__ \  / / / /
Fax:   +32-16-32.19.69