[driverloader] Can't configure WMP54G

Brendan & Marie-Hélène Brohan bbrohan at eircom.net
Wed Dec 3 21:28:31 EST 2003

Hope someone can offer a Linux newbie some advice.
I have Redhat 9 with driverloader successfully installed and key
inserted. My wireless card is a Linksys wmp54g pci  that works fine when
I boot under Win XP.  My problem is when I open the RH Network
Configuration Panel, I can only see my onboard ethernet controller - my
WMP54g isn't visible so I can't configure it. So I add new wireless
hardware and select driverloader (eth1) from the options listed and it
duly appears in the list. When I then try to activate it I get the
following error message:

Error for wireless request "Set encode"(8BRA): invalid arguement "s:".
Determining IP information for eth1 SIOCSIFFLAGS: Cannot assign
requested address.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bren