[driverloader] SuSE 9.0 and Belking 54g

Jon Black jon.black at uwe.ac.uk
Fri Dec 12 11:45:09 EST 2003

Hi,

I've had a lot of problems setting this card up with linux and the linuxant
driverloader. I've managed to set it up and it works fine (at 54g speeds)
however, the following bugs remain:

1. Due to the order of the boot process, my network connection is being set up
before pcmcia is being turned on. Thus, when I boot into linux, my card is
not configured. I have to go into yast everytime to rememdy the problem.

2. If I have my ethernet card configured as well as my pcmcia wireless card,
the wireless card will not work. It can detect the access point but is unable
to obtain an ip address.

Hope this helps other people with similar problems,
Jon.