[driverloader] WMP11 v2.7 operational under Mandrake 9.2

Kyle Hamar khamar at scienceprofessionals.com
Fri Dec 12 20:39:12 EST 2003

Just a quick note to say: It works well!
After being told several times elsewhere that no solution was available - I
am very happy with the Linuxant solution.

Not being an expert in Linux, I was concerned at first when my install did
not result in a working network connection. I used the belkin driver at
http://web.belkin.com/support/download/files/F5D7010-v2.4.4.exe with
standard Mandrake 9.2 install. The standard Mandrake utilities gave me some
trouble, but a manual installation/config and careful attention to the
Linux Network Administrators Guide resulted in a stable installation. The
connection says up and active for days without fault.

The only oddity is that my Linksys access point (befw11 v4 firmware 1.44.2,
Apr 16 2003) had to be power cycled after the install. I am not sure why
this was required and may have just been an anomaly or (more likely) a
fault in the access point.

If anyone has trouble with the wmp11 I would be happy to assist you with
installation.

Regards,
Kyle Hamar