[driverloader] Network works but no WAN

Grégoire Abplanalp greg.a at bluewin.ch
Thu Dec 18 15:19:17 EST 2003

Hi everybody,

I'm a complete newbie to linux... I've installed the driverloader yesterday
and after much fooling around with ifconfig and iwconfig, I got the network
to work. I can ping myself, ping other computers on the network, and ping
the AP (which is also my router). However, I can't ping any website, like
www.google.com. I don't think it's a DNS problem, since ping displays an IP
address next to the domain name. My AP's mac address is shown in iwconfig
output.
This sounds similar to the problem Mike Reith was having (see this post:
http://www.linuxant.com/pipermail/driverloader/2003q4/000364.html).

Thank you very much for any help you could give me. I've tried everything I
could think about, but as I said I'm a complete newbie...

Gregoire Abplanalp