[driverloader] Problems with driverloader on kernel 2.6.0

Patrik paake at telia.com
Fri Dec 19 21:41:49 EST 2003

Hi!
I've read that someone have successfully compiled driverloader for 2.6.0 -test11 and
im now running on 2.6.0 stable so i a little hope this problem might be solvable (? ;) )
Anywho,

Ive unpacked the .tar.gz archive. make install gives me zero errors so everything
works well so far. But when running dldrconfig the problem starts.

First it says Linuxant DriverLoader for Wireless LAN devices, version 1.52

No pre-built modules for: Debian-testing/unstable linux-2.6.0 i686

Trying to automatically build the driver modules...
(this requires a C compiler and proper kernel sources to be installed)

Where is the linux source build directory that matches your running kernel?
[/lib/modules/2.6.0/build]

Well this is correct; pressing enter
It says that its building modules using the source directory and after that this errors occours:
lsmod: QM_MODULES: Function not implemented

depmod: QM_MODULES: FUnction not implemented

done.

It doesnt complain after that but the modul is not loaded.
# insmod /lib/modules/2.6.0/driverloader.ko
driverloader: version magic '2.6.0 PENTIUM4 gcc-3.3' should be '2.6.0 PENTIUM4 gcc-2.95'
Error inserting 'driverloader.ko': -1 Invalid module format

Any clues?

Thanks
-Patrik