[driverloader] Thinkpad T40, Cisco mpi350

Craig Ingram cxi2283 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 20 01:56:51 EST 2003

I'm having trouble getting onto my wireless network.
I installed the driverloader, uploaded the driver, and
used redhat-network-config - I had to add new device
as it was showing up in hardware but not in the
network devices. when I try to activate it, it cannot
obtain an IP address. I turned off MAC address
filtering and tunred on SSID broadcasting on the
router (netgear mr814). It shows up in iwconfig scan:
eth1      Scan completed :
          Cell 01 - Address: 00:09:5B:47:FF:AE
                    ESSID:"cxiap"
                    Mode:Managed
                    Frequency:2.462GHz
                    Quality:1/1  Signal level:-53 dBm
Noise level:-200 dBm
                    Encryption key:off
                    Bit Rate:1Mb/s
                    Bit Rate:2Mb/s
                    Bit Rate:5.5Mb/s
                    Bit Rate:11Mb/s
                    Extra:bcn_int=100
I tried using the FAQ but for some reason it's not
getting an IP address. The router and dhcp work fine
in XP so I don't think that's the issue. Any help
would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you.
hardware info: Thinkpad T40, Cisco aironet 350
minipci, netgear mr814 wifi router.