[driverloader] WMP11 v2.7

austin wood awood2 at uiuc.edu
Sat Dec 20 15:46:07 EST 2003

Hello, I'm trying to get the WMP v2.7 with WEP to work on Slackware 9.1
with kernel 2.6.0. I'm using the Belkin drivers.

If I execute "iwlist scan" I can see that the SSID is being broadcasted
from my access point.

Then I setup the wireless parameters using iwconfig..

iwconfig eth1 essid "mynet" key 7D9B-E4E1-18

I'm not entirely sure, but I thought that's all I need for wireless.  Then
I should be able to do something like:

dhcpcd -d eth1

However, that reports the MAC address of my wireless card, then hangs a
few seconds before returning to the prompt.  I tried setting the security
mode to both open and restricted, but it did not seem to make a
difference. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
-austin wood