[driverloader] Wireless Interface Hangs on Reboot

Urs mueller urs.mueller at bf-net.ch
Sat Dec 20 11:29:34 EST 2003

Mike Smith sagte:
> I'm using Redhat 9, the 2.4.20-20.9 kernel,
> the D-Link DWL-AG520 PCI card as eth0, the
> driverloader 1.52.
>
> Also,  I'm getting about 6-7 Mbps transfer rates
> copying remote NFS files to local /tmp.  I've locked
> the card to G mode.  How does that compare to what
> others are getting?

You did not telling us about your local network.
Are there doors and walls between the machines,
is microwave in use?
Is the connection to another pc (ad-hoc) or an access-
point (station mode)?
You have to calculate the overhead for tcp/ip and for
nfs (and other network-protocols)! Do you ever tried
to measure the raw traffic with "netio".

Greetings, Urs Mueller, Berne, Switzerland