[driverloader] Belkin 54g Wireless devices

Todd Lyons TLyons at SequentUSA.com
Tue Dec 23 08:39:27 EST 2003

You can't have both with the same IP address.  Change the IP address of
one of them to .224.  Make sure the netmask is the same on both of them
as well, though it looks like you're using the automatic stuff with the
multicast DNS.  I'd avoid all of that and just give it a static IP
address in the standard RFC1918 address space, such as:

laptop:  192.168.1.5  netmask 255.255.255.0
desktop:  192.168.1.6  netmask 255.255.255.0

Post the results of iwconfig and ifconfig from both machines.  We need
to check to make sure that you're using the same channel on both
machines.

Post the results of 'cat /proc/cmdline' on both machines.  We need to
see what you're passing to the kernel in case it's an apic or acpi
issue.

I suppose I've been lucky in that the hardware I have is good and when I
plug stuff in, it just works.  So far, people with stock RH and Suse
kernels seem to be having problems.  Am I being too general?

Blue skies...            Todd