[driverloader] SuSE 9 Intel Centrino won't route if using DHCP

Joshua Marshall mrfurious at captainfury.net
Fri Dec 26 13:33:54 EST 2003

I've got a problem nearly identical to the poster in this thread:
http://www.linuxant.com/pipermail/driverloader/2003q4/000363.html

I have an IBM T41 Intel Centrino wifi, SuSE 9.0 and a Linksys WRT54G
patched with latest firmware.

The driver works, I can ping local LAN and Gateway, but get Destination
Unreachable if I try to ping my nameserver or any IP beyond the gateway.

Using the same laptop and the wired ethernet and DHCP it works fine.

Using the same laptop with WinXP (dual boot) via wireless and DHCP works
flawlessly.

It is only the wireless via the linuxant drivers where the problem
surfaces.  My resolv.conf does have my nameserver IP.

If I statically assign gateway and nameservers but receive DHCP IP, it
still does not route but can ping local LAN IP's.

If I statically assign IP, Gateway and nameservers it works fine!

It's only a problem when I have DHCP enabled, and again I receive an IP,
I have the proper DNS entries, its as if it doesn't know the gateway.
Yet when hooked up to the wire through the same router DHCP performs fine.

Help!  I've seen other posters on forums with the same issue with these
drivers.  What can I provide to help diagnose?

Cheers,
Josh Marshall