[driverloader] wmp54g and Fedora Core 1

John Sanborn sanborn at slip.net
Fri Dec 26 18:22:14 EST 2003

After successfully installing
driverloader-1.53_k2.4.22_1.2115.nptl-1fdr.i686.rpm.zip into the standard
Fedora Core 1 I found that no entry was made into /etc/modules.conf for
driverloader and modprobe driverloader will not load the driver.  If I use
insmod driverloader the driver loads but gives the error that the module is
tainted with a Non-GPL license.  I can only install this module with insmod.

/var/lib/driverloader contains the correct windows drivers and the card
works under Windows and under linux if I use insmod.

Help.