[driverloader] Can't find device on Fujitsu Lifebook P5010D

John Ouzts jouzts at mcgalumni.com
Thu Jan 8 19:26:00 EST 2004

Gentlemen:

I seem to be having trouble getting beyond square one.

dldrconfig --info reports:

	No device detected by driverloader

on my Fujitsu P5010D, which has a Broadcom BCM4306 which works fine under XP.

bcmwl5.inf and bcmwl5.sys (from the Fujitsu driver disc) also do not allow
dldrconfig to complete successfully.

The only clue I can find in the archives/FAQ is the suggestion that the PCI ID
in the *.inf file might need to be edited. But if dldrconfig --info can't
find the device by itself, this does not seem to be the problem.

My kernel is 2.6.0, based on gentoo-dev-sources with CONFIG_NET_RADIO and
CONFIG_NET_WIRELESS set to y.

Many thanks for any suggestions.

John