[driverloader] USR 5416 and 256-bit WEP not working

M and E Adams mga.biz at sympatico.ca
Thu Jan 8 23:48:18 EST 2004

I am unable to get the USR 5416 working with 256-bit WEP keys. I have
successfully gotten the card working with 128-bit keys. However, if I
try a 256-bit key, I get the following error message when typing "ifup
[root at penguin network-scripts]# ./ifup eth1
Error for wireless request "Set Encode" (8B2A) :
    SET failed on device eth1 ; Invalid argument.
Determining IP information for eth1... failed.
Is this a bug in driverloader, or wireless-tools, or...?

System info:
	Fedora Core 1 on Athlon 1200
	USR 5416 802.11g card

Here's the output from dldrconfig --info (omitting license info):
[root at penguin network-scripts]# dldrconfig --info
Linuxant DriverLoader for Wireless LAN devices, version 1.54
Web configurator: listening on
Current parameters: ("dldrconfig --info")
Wireless interface name: eth1
        MAC address    : 00:C0:49:D7:51:CA
        Device instance: PCI-0000:00:0b.0-104c:9066-010d:16ec
        Device driver  : usr11g

And here's the output from iwconfig --version:
[root at penguin network-scripts]# iwconfig --version
iwconfig  Version 26
          Compatible with Wireless Extension v16 or earlier,
          Currently compiled with Wireless Extension v15.
eth1      Recommend Wireless Extension v11 or later,
          Currently compiled with Wireless Extension v15.

The driver I'm using is the updated driver downloaded from usr's web
site for the card (version 08/29/2003,

If there's any further info I can give to assist tracking this error
down, please let me know.