[driverloader] Compaq NW8000 with integrated WLAN

Dimitris Stasinopoulos dimitris at linea.gr
Fri Jan 16 18:12:46 EST 2004

On Friday 16 January 2004 09:14, Janne Saarela wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've succesfully installed Fedora to my new laptop but fail
> to get wlan support running for the integrated WLAN device.
> The Windows drivers are, of course, available from HP Web site [1].
> I wonder if someone has been able to get it up?
> Only similar references were available for Compaq NX7000 which,
> I could imagine, has very similar hardware as NW8000.
> Jan 16 09:08:14 localhost last message repeated 2 times
> Jan 16 09:08:15 localhost devlabel: devlabel service started/restarted
> So it appears the device is somehow available as a USB device?
> Is driverloader then a good approach at all?
> I attach to this email dmesg and lspci outputs if
> they help resolving my problem.
> Regards,
> Janne

Hi, the button serves 2 purposes:

1) Activate the built-in USB bluetooth module
2) Activate the wlan radio receiver-transmitter

This means tha the card itself is "always-on", and the message you get are
the USB messages when the bluetooth gets "inserted" (so to say).

I'm under the suspicion that your laptop uses a Broadcom chipset because
of this line:

02:0e.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation: Unknown device 165e
(rev 03)

But then again, there is this line:

02:04.0 Ethernet controller: Unknown device 168c:0013 (rev 01)

While on my nx7000, here is what I get:

02:02.0 Network controller: Intel Corp.: Unknown device 1043 (rev 04)

Which is the Intel 2100 card.
Maybe you should find out which card you have first.

Not only will all eyes be on the leaders of men,
but all combat sights as well.