[driverloader] Compaq NW8000 with integrated WLAN

Dimitris Stasinopoulos dimitris at linea.gr
Fri Jan 16 18:12:46 EST 2004

On Friday 16 January 2004 09:14, Janne Saarela wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've succesfully installed Fedora to my new laptop but fail
> to get wlan support running for the integrated WLAN device.
> The Windows drivers are, of course, available from HP Web site [1].
>
> I wonder if someone has been able to get it up?
> Only similar references were available for Compaq NX7000 which,
> I could imagine, has very similar hardware as NW8000.
>
> Jan 16 09:08:14 localhost last message repeated 2 times
> Jan 16 09:08:15 localhost devlabel: devlabel service started/restarted
>
> So it appears the device is somehow available as a USB device?
> Is driverloader then a good approach at all?
>
> I attach to this email dmesg and lspci outputs if
> they help resolving my problem.
>
> Regards,
> Janne

Hi, the button serves 2 purposes:

1) Activate the built-in USB bluetooth module
2) Activate the wlan radio receiver-transmitter

This means tha the card itself is "always-on", and the message you get are
the USB messages when the bluetooth gets "inserted" (so to say).

I'm under the suspicion that your laptop uses a Broadcom chipset because
of this line:

02:0e.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation: Unknown device 165e
(rev 03)

But then again, there is this line:

02:04.0 Ethernet controller: Unknown device 168c:0013 (rev 01)

While on my nx7000, here is what I get:

02:02.0 Network controller: Intel Corp.: Unknown device 1043 (rev 04)

Which is the Intel 2100 card.
Maybe you should find out which card you have first.

Dimitris

--
Not only will all eyes be on the leaders of men,
but all combat sights as well.