[driverloader] WMP45G PCI on Kernel 2.6.0 temporary freezups (driverloader: message 4 of 20)

Linuxant support support at linuxant.com
Fri Jan 23 03:21:17 EST 2004

Regis,

The problem is that the affected objects can sometimes be statically
used without prior "allocation", so it is not possible in this context
to just store a pointer to dynamically allocated storage, since there
is no explicit way of finding out when the object should be freed later
on.

We have thought of a few possible solutions but they generally add
significant overhead when spinlocks should remain extremely light and
efficient. Therefore it was decided to simply exclude support of the
CONFIG_DEBUG_SPINLOCK option for now since it isn't meant to be used in
production systems anyway.

Marc