[driverloader] IBM R40 with IBM IEEE 802.11 a/b/G wifi card

Urs Mueller newsuser at bf-net.ch
Sat Jan 24 00:10:57 EST 2004

Hello
Lars Janßen sagte:
> Hello,
>
> I tried to install the driverloader on my laptop running SUSE Linux
> 9.0.  The  rpm and upload were no problem, but then the initialising
> went wrong. Can't find such a device. I was using the shipped driver
> (net5211.inf and ar4511.sys windows XP drivers) What do I have to do
> that linux or driverloader finds the card, which is functional under XP?

Exactly the same configuration running here...
The web-configuration utility (http://127.0.0.1:18020) says:
Driver  Vendor    Version
net5211 %ATHEROS% 09/12/2003,2.4.1.7

Maybe the shipped driver is a bit older? I usually update winXP
very often...

My installation of SuSE first used driverloader with the
IBM a/b/g as wlan0. After the next boot, it went on eth0.
This was confusing.

Greetings from Bern, Switzerland
Urs Mueller