[driverloader] Driverloader 1.58 - Nice touch!

Dimitris Stasinopoulos dimitris at linea.gr
Mon Feb 2 12:03:45 EST 2004

Hi,

I just saw in the Changelogs that (in version 1.58) when the wireless
adapter is not associated with any access point, the driver no longer
feeds statistics to userspace programs. I think this is a great change,
that has helped me personally in improving the quality of my (wireless
related) projects.

Great works guys, this is a small change with great results.
Now the only things that I would like to see sorted out are the /proc/net/
wireless file (eg on my connected Centrino):

Interface|  status    |    Quality        |
 wlan0      0000      1   212.   56

and maybe mii register emulation when the adapter is associated (but maybe
you guys have much more important things to sort out).

Thanks again,
Dimitris

--
The non-believers climbed for days to confront the
master in the mountains. "Where do you get your