[driverloader] Intel Wireless Pro 2100B (hang on 'ifdown eth1')

Dave Chavez dchavez_yah at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 12 07:31:30 EST 2004

Hi all,

I have a Prostar 8874 with a mini-PCI Intel Wireless Pro 2100B.
Once the 'driverloader' module is loaded, I can bring up the
configured device 'eth1' (via 'ifup eth1').  It is configured to
use DHCP and WEP.  Everything seems to work fine, except when I
shutdown the machine, it hangs on "Bringing down eth1...".  The
command "ifdown eth1" also hangs (just the command, not the system,
and can be ctrl-c'ed). BTW, the device 'eth0' is never brought up
(disabled at boot). Am I missing something here?  Any help is
appreciated!

Thanks,
Dave