[driverloader] Speed issues

Dejan Cabrilo dcabrilo at ku.edu
Fri Feb 13 13:25:16 EST 2004

Hello everyone,

I just started using driverloader with Dlink DWL 650 (revision M) wireless adapter. When I first loaded them, it was working really slow (access to the internet, etc). If I just used cable and natively supported ethernet card, it worked just fine. Afterwards, the wireless access started working good - speed was up to what it should be.

However, now it works really slow again. I checked to see if I am on my own network, changed authentication settings, channel, etc. but nothing seems to help. I have a DSL connection that can usually go up 150kb/s, but now it's stuck at 25-30kb/s.

Does anyone have any ideas? I would greately appreciate if you do. Distribution is Fedora Core 1, if it makes any difference.

Thanks,
Dejan Cabrilo