[driverloader] Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3

MJang michael at ywow.org
Fri Feb 13 21:21:52 EST 2004

Folks,

I'm trying to install a Netgear HA501 (802.11a) on a HP ze4540us laptop
- using Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 ES.

As there's no direct match in kernels, I've downloaded the RPM from
source, and followed the instructions. When I use the Web based tool and
upload the XP drivers, the tool lists the right card, but doesn't say
it's loaded.

driverloader doesn't show up in the output from lsmod, nor does it after
a modprobe driverloader command.

Adding the 30 day license with the dldrconfig
--license=xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx command doesn't help.

I have a full dump from the dldrconfig command, but am hesitant to
upload the 60+KB.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike