[driverloader] Any success with Netgear WG511?

John Zbesko johnzbesko at alum.mit.edu
Mon Mar 1 23:29:59 EST 2004

OK, after screwing around with prism54.org linux drivers, I'm now trying
to use driverloader. I can't seem to find the proper windows files. I
downloaded the latest driver from Netgear, extracted it, used i6comp to
decompress the .cab files and tried the .INF file. Driverloader asks for
a .sys file, which I enter, and an .arm file, which is NOT included.

Anyhow, the card is not working. The kernel message says:

i8253 count too high / resetting...
i8253 count too high / resetting...
driverloader: unable to load "/var/lib/driverloader/.sys" (-5)
driverloader: unable to load "/var/lib/driverloader/.sys" (-5)

I also tried the firmware .arm file I was using with prism54.org- same
error messages.

Any ideas?