[driverloader] wlan0: connectivity with key

x86processor genes46genes at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 5 11:27:13 EST 2004

This one time, wlan0 connectivity worked with someone
else's router, even without encryption.

I am now trying to connect with my router. I set the
ESSID and Key in wlan0 configuration (managed cell)
for wlan0 in Yast2, but, I am unable to get an IP
address. When I do 'ifdown wlan0' and then 'ifup
wlan0', I get:
Starting DHCP Client Daemon on wlan0 ... no IP address
yet ... backgrounding.

Kernel messages are:
wlan0: no IPv6 routers present

'ifconfig wlan0' gives me a inet6 address.

I am not using ipv6 at all, and not sure why i get
this address. I installed the linuxant drivers and
driver is detected, but, I think I am messed up with
the configuration files. Yast2 does not modify the
/etc/wlan/wlan.conf file or /etc/wlan/wlancfg-default,
but makes changes only in
/etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-wlan0 file. Do we have to
modify any files manually?

How do we enable encryption? Can it be done in wlan0
configuration in Yast2?

Any suggestions?

Do you Yahoo!?