[driverloader] Re: driverloader w/ WPC54G - Connects to router but nothing else...

Regis "HPReg" Duchesne driverloader.1.hpreg at spamgourmet.com
Sat Mar 20 09:44:15 EST 2004

> One last question though; I've downloaded the wpa supplicant tar.gz, but can't
> seem to figure out how to install it. When I run "make" in the directory I
> just get a load of errors. I'm at a loss on this one so any help would be
> appreciated.
> Here is what happens when I type "make" (I apologize for the length, but I
> figure the more info you have the more help it will be to you).

I have a setup very similar to yours.

I explain how I compiled the supplicant at
and I also provide a binary you can just download and run, so you might
want to check the URL out.

> [root at localhost wpa_supplicant-lnxt2003121400]# make
> cc -MMD -O2 -Wall -g   -c -o wpa_supplicant.o wpa_supplicant.c
> wpa_supplicant.c:19:18: warning: pcap.h: No such file or directory
> wpa_supplicant.c:20:18: warning: dnet.h: No such file or directory

Those are the key issue: you need to install the development packages
for the 'pcap' and 'dnet' libraries.

Please tell me if that works for you,
Enjoy your WPA connection,
Regis "HPReg" Duchesne